Crime Prevention Unit Monthly Safety Tip
Road Rage is a motorist's uncontrolled anger that is usually provoked by another motorist's irritating act and is expressed in aggressive or violent behavior
Avoiding Road Rage
· Avoid cutting other drivers off in traffic.
· Don’t tailgate – Allow at least a two-second space between your vehicle and the one ahead of you.
· Signal several hundred feet before you change lanes or make a turn.
· Avoid making any gestures or eye contact with another driver.
· Be courteous in the use of high-beam headlights.
· Don’t flash your lights or blow your horn as a signal of your desire to pass another vehicle.
· Forget winning and allow yourself ample time for your trip.
· Obey speed limits.
· Drive in the right or middle lane; pass on the left.
· Stop at stop signs and red lights; don’t run yellow lights.
· Don’t block intersections.
· Respect pedestrian right-of-way in crosswalks.
· Put yourself in the other driver’s shoes. Don’t take other driver’s actions personally.
· If someone follows you after an on-the-road encounter, drive to a public place or to the nearest police station.
· Report any aggressive driving incidents to the police immediately.
Sergeant L. J. Smith
New Orleans Police Department
Commander, Crime Prevention Unit
715 S. Broad Avenue, 4th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 658-5590 – Office Phone
For Police Service
(504) 822-1111 – Crime Stoppers
(504) 822-2222 - Non-Emergency
911 – Emergency
Sent by Hilal Williams to 1st District News & Info, 2nd District News & Info, 3rd District News & Info, 4th District News & Info, 5th District News & Info, 6th District News & Info, 7th District News & Info, 8th District News & Info, N.O.P.D. Command Desk, N.O.P.D. Crime Prevention, N.O.P.D. Public Information Office (e-mail accounts) through NOLAReady
... powered by Cooper Notification's Roam Secure Alert Network
You received this message because you registered on NOLAReady. To change your alerting preferences go to www.NOLAReady.info/mygroups.php
Tell a friend/co-worker about NOLAReady! Forward this message to them and have them register for this free service at www.NOLAReady.info